[OE-core] Hints on submitting to OE-Core

Daniel Dickinson cshored at cshore.thecshore.com
Fri Mar 17 23:55:15 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I've got a pre-alpha 'distro' and some layers I think that could get to
an interesting state.  The intent is to work them up to where they are
suitable to be submitted as patches to oe-core rather than the
current .bbappend and related files.

There's rather a lot of reading (which is good in the sense that I like
actually have documentation, although that's definitely an area I need
to improve on for the layers I've got in the works), and I haven't
nearly got through it all yet, but I was hoping for pointers on the
most important bits to read for prepping patches submission.

Also, in the layers list I'll be asking about some build issues that I
don't see with a manual bitbake, that look like missing preqs on a build
server, unless the layer should be requesting installation of host files
somewhere.

Regards,

Daniel