[OE-core] Hints on submitting to OE-Core

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 02:17:36 UTC 2017

On 3/17/17 6:38 PM, Daniel Dickinson wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Mar 2017 02:21:30 +0100
> Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:
>

>> Have you read this?
>>    http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/How_to_submit_a_patch_to_OpenEmbedded
>
> I hadn't read in detail yet (I've seen similar before and from
> skimming, it's about mechanics of the process), but I was looking more
> in terms of coding and/or style guidelines for the meat of the patch,
> and/or hints/tips on getting things accepted from the point of view of
> things other than mechanics of patch submission.

If you read through that link Gary pointed, there are links to two other
documents one of style and other one patch message guidelines

there is styling scripts for metadata files, you could use that
https://github.com/openembedded/meta-openembedded/blob/master/contrib/oe-stylize.py

As of meat of patch, if its fixing something and you are articulate to
explain it in your commit message and in general review cycle, you have
a better chance of getting it accepted, but you have to start submitting