[OE-core] Status of usrmerge merger

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Mar 20 14:07:20 UTC 2017

On 18 March 2017 at 22:25, Anton Gerasimov <anton at advancedtelematic.com>
wrote:

> what is the current status of the usrmerge patch [1]? It was submitted
> quite a long time ago and I can't find any discussion about it. If there
> is something I can do to help with testing/tweaking to get it merged
> please let me know.

The bulk of the patches have been merged now, the only outstanding ones are
the actual changes to bitbake.conf to add a distro feature.

I'm not massively keen on how it's been implemented but right now don't
have a better solution.  Either way, with 2.3 (releasing next month) you
can trivially setup usrmerge by just fidding the paths in your distro.

Ross