[OE-core] how to hack cross-compilation into a single "plugins" directory?

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Mar 21 14:13:46 UTC 2017

On 21 March 2017 at 13:23, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:

>   i'm sure i could tease out how to hack that Makefile, but is there
> another recipe with a similar structure i could just steal a Makefile
> from?

This used to work because we used to pass -e to every make:

       -e, --environment-overrides
            Give variables taken from the environment precedence over
variables from makefiles.

So the exported CC=my-cross-gcc in bitbake.conf overrode the CC assignment
in the Makefile.

This is a vile hack though so we don't do itnow.  You'll just need to set
CC etc when calling make, trivially done with EXTRA_OEMAKE.

In fact this is even in the documentation:
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.2.1/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#new-recipe-makefile-based-package

Ross