[OE-core] Using MACHINE_FEATURES in a native recipe

Peter Kjellerstedt peter.kjellerstedt at axis.com
Fri Mar 24 15:10:31 UTC 2017

Even though I agree this is a good change and that it should be done, I
wonder if we can either hold it off until after Pyro has been released
or make it possible to avoid it? The reason for this is that I know
that this change will require a huge amount of development work for us,
something that will not be possible to do in the time frame left until
Pyro is released. Or alternatively we will have to copy native.bbclass
to our layers and maintain a fork of it, which sucks...

The reason for this is that our unit test framework is based on building
all our own packages as native, but still configured via, amongst others,
MACHINE_FEATURES as if building for the real target. This will of course
not work anymore if MACHINE_FEATURES is set to "" with no way of
overriding it.

//Peter