[OE-core] Using MACHINE_FEATURES in a native recipe

Peter Kjellerstedt peter.kjellerstedt at axis.com
Sat Mar 25 15:34:00 UTC 2017

No worries. I'll backport native.bbclass to our layers for now.

> I appreciate its a pain but I do think the change is the right thing to
> do (maybe with a corresponding DISTRO_FEATURES one too). Hopefully we
> can find a way that lets you work around it somehow...

I agree that cleaning MACHINE_FEATURES is the right thing to do. However,
I am not so sure about DISTRO_FEATURES. After all, the native tools are
part of the distro as well and there may be reasons to build them
differently based on enabled features in the distro.

> Cheers,
>
> Richard

//Peter