[OE-core] [meta-clang] oe-core and meta-clang llvm coexsting?

Martin Kelly mkelly at xevo.com
Thu Mar 30 19:20:04 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate the meta-clang version of LLVM 4.0 (used for
recipes that need a newer LLVM version) alongside the oe-core version of
LLVM 3.3 (used for mesa). I'd like some recipes to use LLVM 4.0 and some
to use LLVM 3.3 and for them not to collide with each other.

Right now, once the meta-clang layer is enabled, the recipes collide
because they both provide llvm-common.bb. I tried explicitly versioning
llvm-common, which makes them no longer collide. However, mesa then
fails to build because the meta-clang version of LLVM installs
llvm-config into the native common sysroot in
tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/llvm-config . This llvm-config is
based on LLVM 4.0, so when mesa picks it up, it gets confused and fails
to build.

I'm trying to figure out the right way to fix this and get around it. Do
you have any suggestions? I imagine there might be a quick-and-dirty way
to do this and a nicer, long-term way to do it. I'm interested in
hearing both.

Thanks,
Martin