[OE-core] Regression with RPM4 and unversioned DSOs

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Thu May 4 09:53:46 UTC 2017

On 05/04/2017 11:46 AM, Peter Kjellerstedt wrote:
> Since I would very much like to avoid having to add explicit runtime
> dependencies for all those dependencies that were previously automatically
> detected, which would be a nightmare, I am now looking for any help as to
> where to find the code that adds the dependencies on the packages providing
> DSOs and to see if it is possible to change it to also detect dependencies
> on unversioned DSOs.

I'm not sure such implicit dependency detection at rpm generation point
is guaranteed to work in the first place. Don't we have a package_qa
check for this that should be failing? Can you publish a minimal layer
so I can reproduce locally?

If you want to poke in rpm4 source, I think grepping for
use_internal_dependency_generator is a good starting point.

Alex