[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW19’17

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon May 8 22:11:13 UTC 2017

Current Dev Position: Planning for YP 2.4

Next Deadline: YP 2.1.3 Cut off May 15, 2017

*** FEATURE FREEZE for 2.3 is now in effect. ***

SWAT team rotation: Ross -> Leo on May 12, 2017.

SWAT team rotation: Leo -> Juri on April 19, 2017.

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

   -

   2.3 M4 rc4 has just left QA and the report is being evaluated now:
   https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.3_QA_Status
   <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.3_QA_Status#Summary_Report>.
   Current instinct is that we will likely release this as 2.3.
   -

   The Master and Pyro git branches will be diverging shortly.
   -

   WDD is starting to rise again which is slightly worrying.
   -

   Since we’re very close to releasing 2.3, planning for 2.4 has begun and
   we’re entering 2.4 ideas and enhancements in to bugzilla. If you have
   suggestions for 2.4, please ensure they are in bugzilla.

Proposed upcoming dot releases:

YP 2.1.3 Cut off May 15, 2017

YP 2.1.3 Release by May 26, 2017

YP 2.2.2 Cut off May 29, 2017

YP 2.2.2 Release by June 9, 2017

Key YP 2.3 Dates:

YP 2.3 M4 release was scheduled for May 5, 2017 but M3 slipped so this
wasn’t hit.  If M4 RC4 is good we should be releasing M4 this week.

Tracking Metrics:

WDD 2631 (last week 2565) (https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.3_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this
weekly status update, let us know!]