[OE-core] GUI based images

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Tue May 9 08:10:55 UTC 2017

On 05/09/2017 01:50 AM, Khem Raj wrote:
> A general usecase is that someone takes the reference and tweaks it to
> meet the needs of a product quickly. For such usecases, it would be good to
> consider the most widely used UI framework in embedded space. I
> personally don't know how much sato is deployed but QT based systems
> are quite widely deployed as far as I know. I think users can drive maximum
> out of the testing and stabilization we do if they were using the reference
> software as much as possible.

Qt itself does not provide a UI, so we would need to find an appropriate
qt-based replacement for Sato that has the same characteristics and is
suitable as an 'engineering UI'. What is your suggestion for that?

I personally think meta-qt5 works fine; it's only missing a reference UI
environment. Why not add LxQt to that layer?

Alex