[OE-core] GUI based images

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Tue May 9 20:19:34 UTC 2017

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 2:24 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:

> On 8 May 2017 at 23:15, Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>>
>> FWIW I think this is a little short-sighted. Why are we ruling out Qt
>> exactly?
>

> My only strong opinion on what goes into oe-core is that it should be small
> (both in size and build time) and basic.  It's not going to fit everyones
> needs and is basically there to be a UI until the users replace it with
> something more suitable.  Sato does this without being too huge and there's
> not currently a strong impetus to replace it.
>
> The development of Wayland does make the long-term prospect of Sato
> interesting: do we port Sato to Wayland too, or keep the Wayland images
> using the standard Weston demo shell?

I think we should always intend to align the reference stack with
whats commonly used in
userbases we target to address with project, we will not be serving
the project goals and its username if we
trim down to packages which are just used for reference, if majority of the
community we intend to address uses QT or any other stack for that matter
then we should align our requirements accordingly which will be mutually
beneficial IMO