[OE-core] FW: patchtest: failure

Alan Levy alan.levy at plextek.com
Tue May 23 13:36:07 UTC 2017

On 23 May 2017 at 14:24, Alan Levy <alan.levy at plextek.com<mailto:alan.levy at plextek.com>> wrote:
Thanks for the advice. What I belatedly realised was that I was using HTML format rather than plain text and that was losing some of the formatting in the process. I re-sent it in plain text and this time it hasn’t been rejected (yet). Also, I wasn’t 100% certain whether the system would accept a patch from an email address that wasn’t the same as the one the patch was signed with. I can’t find any examples in the archive – would it actually work?

I believe if you tell GMail that your work email is a valid alias it will let you send from it though the SMTP server.

Ross

Yes, if only our corporate firewall would actually let SMTP through; that was the other problem ☹.