[OE-core] glibc 2.26 memory leak

Johannes Pointner h4nn35.work at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 11:51:52 UTC 2017

Hi,

I started to switch to rocko and noticed that processes like automount
are steadily increasing their memory usage over time until the kernel
kills them with out of memory.
After a bit research I came to the conclusion that glibc could be the
guilty one.
I updated glibc 2.26 to the commit which is used by archlinux:
https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/glibc
After a rebuild everythings seems normal.

I found a commit in glibc 2.26 which could be the fix for my problem

commit 6e1ea21501eac981204c3cc8212d45998f74983c