[OE-core] Error when connecting to OpenSSH server using rocko

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Thu Nov 16 10:39:44 UTC 2017

On 11/16/2017 11:48 AM, Stefan Agner wrote:
> In a quick test I removed the PREFERRED_VERSION_openssl to get 1.1.0f,
> removed openssl10 DEPENDS in the openssh recipe and added the ArchLinux'
> openssl-1.1.0.patch:
>
> # ssh -V
> OpenSSH_7.5p1, OpenSSL 1.1.0f  25 May 2017
>
> With that I could login.
>
> User nayfe on IRC reported the same issue.
>
> I guess moving rocko to OpenSSL 1.1 is not really an option at this
> point? Thoughts?

Openssl 1.0 is what the openssh upstream officially supports. All the
1.1 patches are vendor hacks.

Can you try to bisect the issue with the rocko branch? Find some commit
in the past where it still works, and take it from there. And do
everything you can to enable additional diagnostics on the server side
when it fails. Note that we use ssh on the autobuilder to run commands
on test images, and this surely would've been noticed if it was a common
issue.

Alex