[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW47’17

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Nov 21 11:14:59 UTC 2017

On 21 November 2017 at 11:09, Richard Purdie <
richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> > > o   Issues with 4.13.10 host kernels booting kvm x86 guests on
> > > Tumbleweed (Suse) and Fedora 26 (attempting to see if 4.13.12
> > > helps)
> >
> > Robert, can you test Fedora 26. It would help to have a defect open
> > with steps to reproduce or
> > something about the typical workflow/ build time/ day of the week/
> > phase of the moon.
>
> FWIW we have noticed that the choice of kernel timers seems to vary in
> the x86_64 boots but not with a pattern that matches the hangs.

Also of note is that last week the cluster was hitting this once in every
nightly run, but after a complete reboot and kernel upgrade we haven't seen
it so far.  So either it's gone with the latest kernels, or it's a slow
accumulation of non-movable memory that eventually breaks kvm (my money is
on the latter).

> > > o   a perf build race (bug 12302)
> >   I'll take a look to:
> >  - see if I can duplicate the bug on a fast build host
> >  - check upstream to see if the bug is known/fixed
> >  - see if I can spot a race in the build rules.
>
> Sounds good, thanks!

It looks and sounds like a classic makefile dependency bug, should be
reproducible on demand with careful explicit target steps.  The perf
makefiles are not exactly easy to hack though...

Ross