[OE-core] backfill mechanism

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Mon Nov 27 15:45:43 UTC 2017

On 11/17/17 5:32 PM, Slater, Joseph wrote:
> The backfill mechanism is not compatible with multilib.  This could possibly be
> fixed, but the backfill_considered functionality is also obscure, so I think in
> at least the machine related .inc files we should replace lines like
>

> MACHINE_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED_append = "
> ${@bb.utils.contains('TUNE_FEATURES', 'n32', 'qemu-usermode', '', d)}"

This not working with multilibs is definitely a bug that we need to file with
the community.  We can use the stuff below as a workaround.  But all features
should work properly with the multilib configurations.

Please open a bug in the Yocto System and our own (pointing to the YP bugzilla)
so we can at the minimum track this.

--Mark