[OE-core] connman-wait-online is not behaving properly

Francesco Giancane francescogiancane8 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 17:22:39 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I am doing a build on the Raspberry Pi 3 for an University project. I
included in the core-image-minimal image the connman packages, so that
I have connmanctl, connman.service and connman-wait-online.service
enabled.

Wired network is set up properly and so is wifi using connmanctl. I
can successfully connect to the board using ssh.

What bugs me is the fact that connman-wait-online is not signaling
properly systemd that the network is configured.

systemctl status network.target yields that the target network has
been reached so far.
On the same side, network-online.target is not even started (no one
notified it of the network being online).

Also, connman-wait-online.service seems to not be even started
(reports inactive (dead)).

What is happening? Can someone tell me what I am missing in order to
connman-wait-online to correctly signal network being online?

Many thanks,
Francesco