[OE-core] Recipe versions and layer confusion

Leonardo Sandoval leonardo.sandoval.gonzalez at linux.intel.com
Thu Oct 5 15:19:18 UTC 2017

On Thu, 5 Oct 2017 16:49:28 +0200
Mike Looijmans <mike.looijmans at topic.nl> wrote:

> I'm confused.
>
> Layer "meta-xilinx" defines:
>
> recipes-bsp/arm-trusted-firmware/arm-trusted-firmware_2017.1.bb
>
> This recipe is too old for my liking, so I made a newer one in "meta-topic"
>
> recipes-bsp/arm-trusted-firmware/arm-trusted-firmware_2017.3.bb
>

> Much to my surprise, when I build, OE picks the 2017.1 version and not the
> 2017.3 version.
>
> bitbake-layers show-layers reveils:
> ..
> meta-xilinx           /home/mike/projects/zynq-platform/meta-xilinx  5
> meta-topic            /home/mike/projects/zynq-platform/meta-topic  6
> ..
>
> so that means that my meta-topic should win even if my PV were lower, right?

"For example, a layer that has a recipe with a higher PV value but for which the BBFILE_PRIORITY is set to have a lower precedence still has a lower precedence."

taken from

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.3.2/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#var-BBFILE_PRIORITY

Leonardo Sandoval <leonardo.sandoval.gonzalez at linux.intel.com>