[OE-core] Why is dnrd blacklisted?

Joe MacDonald Joe_MacDonald at mentor.com
Wed Oct 11 19:15:18 UTC 2017

[Why is dnrd blacklisted?] On 17.10.11 (Wed 15:03) Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> There is a blacklist entry in the recipe for dnrd claiming there are QA
> issues in the package.
>
> However when the blacklist is removed and the package is built, there
> are no QA warnings at all from the package and it seems to be working
> perfectly fine.
>
> Could this blacklist be removed since it makes it harder to build than
> it has to be and there is apparently nothing wrong with the recipe in
> the first place.

Even more so since it was actually removed about a month ago from the
tree.  :-)

But yes, I'm happy to consider a patch that resurrects it if it seems to
be working now.  I couldn't find the discussion around the QA error in
the mailing list, so it was probably something that came up over IRC.  I
don't know.  If it was something the world build found there's (almost?)
always a link to the build log.

--
-Joe MacDonald.
:wq