[OE-core] Illegal instruction when running go binaries in qemux86

Paul Barker pbarker at toganlabs.com
Thu Oct 12 12:16:56 UTC 2017

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 1:10 PM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:
> On 12 October 2017 at 13:07, Paul Barker <pbarker at toganlabs.com> wrote:
>>
>> Is it too late in the cycle for rocko to start adding "sse2" to
>> TUNE_FEATURES for relevant machine configurations and include files?
>> If it's still ok to make this change for rocko then this might be the
>> best path forward.
>

> As per the weekly status mail from Stephen, we've been frozen for weeks and
> on Monday the 2.4RC2 build was done.  Unless QA finds something serious to
> fix, I suspect that will be the 2.4 release.

I'm not expecting this to be fixed in time for 2.4.0 now. Can this
sort of change go into the rocko branch after release though?

What is broken, to my understanding, is all applications written in go
which perform floating point calculations on qemux86 or any other x86
target which doesn't support SSE2 instructions. We should find some
way of fixing this for the rocko branch after release. I'm just trying
to gauge what sort of solution will be acceptable before I spend time
implementing and testing.

--
Paul Barker
Togán Labs Ltd