[OE-core] devtool modify errors on second recipe

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 05:03:37 UTC 2017

Hi Paul

I am seeing this errors message consistently since few weeks on master
when using
devtool modify

NOTE:   do_populate_sysroot: 100.0% sstate reuse(1 setscene, 0 scratch)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/mnt/a/oe/sources/openembedded-core/scripts/devtool", line
331, in <module>
    ret = main()
  File "/mnt/a/oe/sources/openembedded-core/scripts/devtool", line 318, in main
    ret = args.func(args, config, basepath, workspace)
  File "/mnt/a/oe/sources/openembedded-core/scripts/lib/devtool/standard.py",
line 714, in modify
    initial_rev = _extract_source(srctree, args.keep_temp,
args.branch, False, config, basepath, workspace, args.fixed_setup, rd,
tinfoil)
  File "/mnt/a/oe/sources/openembedded-core/scripts/lib/devtool/standard.py",
line 545, in _extract_source
    with open(os.path.join(tempdir, 'initial_rev'), 'r') as f:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/mnt/a/oe/build/tmp/work/mips32r2-bec-linux-musl/dovecot/2.2.29-r0/devtooltmp-zjst6lsd/initial_rev'

This does not happen when I use it for first time but there after when
I try to modify the second recipe it shows up.

The setup hasn't changed so it use to work fine. Now as a workaround I
delete the workspace/
folder everytime I finish modifying a recipe but thats quite cumbersome

Thanks
-Khem