[OE-core] Python consistency error during apparmor build

shubhabrata sen shubhabrata.sen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 11:08:40 UTC 2017

I get this error while building firmware with the apparmor recipe

checking python extra libraries...  -lpthread -ldl  -lutil
| checking python extra linking flags... -Xlinker -export-dynamic
| checking consistency of all components of python development
environment... no
| configure: error:
|   Could not link test program to Python. Maybe the main Python library
has been
|   installed in some non-standard library path. If so, pass it to
configure,
|   via the LDFLAGS environment variable.
|   Example: ./configure LDFLAGS="-L/usr/non-standard-path/python/lib"

|    ERROR!
|    You probably have to install the development version of the Python
package
|    for your distribution.  The exact name of this package varies among
them.

I researched a bit about the error and tried to set the libraries using the
LDFLAGS variable but I'm unable to resolve it. Do I need to install any
additional python-package before the apparmor build ?