[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW44’17

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Mon Oct 30 14:56:01 UTC 2017

Current Dev Position: YP 2.5 Planning and M1 development

Next Deadline: YP 2.5 M1 cut off of 12/4/17

SWAT team rotation: Saul -> Ross on Oct. 27, 2017.

SWAT team rotation: Ross -> Leo on Nov. 3, 2017.

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

·        YP 2.4 (Rocko) Final was released on Thursday Oct. 26th.  It contained a number of key new features including; upgrades to the kernel, gcc, glibc, and many other recipes; improved go support, Python 3 improvements, wic improvements, devtool  enhancements, Bitbake server improvements and significant improvements to automated QA testing, both in coverage and performance.

·        See the full release notes for YP 2.4 at: http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/releases/yocto/yocto-2.4/RELEASENOTES

·        We will likely open up master for new changes during this week. Unfortunately the feature freeze window was not respected by a significant number of people and this means we now have a huge backlog of patches to deal with.

·        YP 2.5 Planning is not complete yet. We have some idea of the immediate priorities but if you have other suggestions please ensure they’re in the bugzilla (as ever).

·        There are stability issues on the stable branches, particularly in getting older releases working on the newer autobuilder workers. We have a final point release for morty (2.2.3) planned however this depends on having stable builds.

·        Armin has kindly volunteered to help with the stable branch for 2.4, if there is any other interest please talk to RP/Armin as we could do with spreading load.

·        The OpenEmbedded Developer meeting in Prague seemed to go well, as did the Yocto Project BoF at ELC-E and the booth was well attended, as ever! Thanks to all those who helped out and/or attended.

Planned upcoming dot releases:

YP 2.2.3 is planned and should be out in the next few weeks.

YP 2.3.3 is planned, but date TBD during YP 2.5 planning.

YP 2.4.1 is planned, but date TBD during YP 2.5 planning.

Key YP 2.5 Dates are:

YP 2.5 M1 cut off of 12/4/17

YP 2.5 M1 release of 12/15/17

YP 2.5 M2 cut off of 1/15/18

YP 2.5 M2 release of 1/26/18

YP 2.5 M3 cut off of 2/19/18

YP 2.5 M3 release of 3/2/18

YP 2.5 M4 cut off of 4/2/18

YP 2.5 M4 release of 4/27/18

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2623 (last week 2579)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.4_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.4_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.4_Features

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.5_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.5_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.5_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
•   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
•    Cell:                              (208) 244-4460
• Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com