[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW37’17

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Mon Sep 11 14:45:27 UTC 2017

Current Dev Position: YP 2.4 M4

Next Deadline: YP 2.4 Final Cut off is Sept. 18, 2017

SWAT team rotation: Tracy -> Alejandro on Sept. 8, 2017

SWAT team rotation: Alejandro -> Stephano on Sept. 15, 2017.

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

·        We’re continuing with some good bug fixing for M4. Patches are queuing whilst we debug some build issues but we should be able to merge a large portion of the backlog imminently.

·        We continue to see intermittent failures on qemuppc with rcu tracebacks in the kernel. We also continue to see some qemu startup issues but a patch from Juro looks promising to address these.

·        The wrong options were set for the first build on morty and we have had a few issues getting the build into QA but QA has started and 2.2.2 should be ready for release soon assuming it passes the QA tests.  QA status is at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.2_QA_Status

·        Pyro is also trending well for a new point release soon. Thanks for Armin’s hard work on pulling both this and the morty builds together.

Planned upcoming dot releases:

YP 2.2.2 Cut off June 5, 2017 – In QA now.

YP 2.2.2 Release by June, 16 2017

YP 2.3.2 Cut off Sept. 1, 2017

YP 2.3.2 Release by Sept. 15, 2017

Key YP 2.4 Dates are:

YP 2.4 M4 (Final) Cut off is Sept. 18, 2017

YP 2.4 M4 (Final) Release by Oct. 20, 2017

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2540 (last week 2529)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.4_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.4_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.4_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
•   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
•    Cell:               (208) 244-4460
• Email:                          stephen.k.jolley at intel.com