[OE-core] meta-toolchain / /bin/sh requirement / ldconfig backfill

Andre McCurdy armccurdy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 21:05:15 UTC 2017

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 12:30 PM, Mark Hatle <mark.hatle at windriver.com> wrote:

> Because of this, there is no way (with a default configuration) to build
> meta-toolchain....
>
> Investigating further, ldconfig support moved from "USE_LDCONFIG" to a
> distribution configuration.  It does this via the "DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL"
> (introduced in commit: a905df2dd8f43a2febffa64a39b6e508510326a0)

The intention of that commit was only to change the way support for
running ldconfig on the target is controlled (ie changed from an
ad-hoc bitbake variable to a distro config option). It's enabled by
default now, but it was enabled by default before that commit as well.

Did meta-toolchain work previously? If so, was USE_LDCONFIG being
forced to 0 somewhere?