[OE-core] master branch and stabilisation

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Thu Apr 5 19:01:23 UTC 2018

On 04/05/2018 08:05 PM, Richard Purdie wrote:
> So I now get to spend my time trying to figure out which patch broke
> what so I can report back on it and make the branch build again by
> dropping the broken patches.
>
> This means I'm trying to do full on day to day development as usual as
> well as trying to sort release issues like the imminent fedora28 issue
> I should be paying attention to instead.
>
> So, a question, what do people want me to do?

You can file bugs with master-next failures and assign them to me,
without looking at the failed logs at all. Multitasking is stressful for
the brain, much better to do things one after the other than switch
context. And I'm not particularly time crunched now.

We should probably more strictly enforce the freeze - just reject the
patches and ask to rebase and re-send after a specific date.

Alex