[OE-core] sdk compiler output usable during build?

Janne Karhunen janne.karhunen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 08:18:59 UTC 2018

Hi,

Quick question - is the sdk compiler supposed to be able to create
executables that can be executed while the sdk package build is
ongoing?

Reason I'm asking is that my package nativesdk build errors out saying
'C compiler cannot create executables'. Reason for that seems to be
that the output (say a.out) generated by x86_64-pokysdk-linux-gcc
requests runtime linker from the SDKs default final resting place
(/opt/poky..) and not from the location where the sysroot lies during
the build. How is that supposed to work?

--
Janne