[OE-core] [yocto] Yocto Project changes in progress

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Tue Aug 7 19:48:45 UTC 2018

hi there,

There have been various changes in the project recently which have
caused concern for some users and contributors. I wanted to update
everyone with the most recent developments. It is worth highlighting
the recent news that:

* The Yocto Project recently welcomed two new platinum members,
Facebook and Arm to the advisory board. See [1] for a full list of the
YP members.
* Richard Purdie is now being funded by the Yocto Project to continue
in his role as the overall project architect.
* Nicolas Dechesne (Linaro) has taken over the community manager role from Jefro
* Lieu Ta (WindRiver) has taken over the advisory board chairperson
role from Jefro
* Andreea Volosincu (WindRiver) has taken on the advocacy lead role
from Tracey Erway
* Discussions about the future governance of the project with a view
to modernisation and clarification are now ongoing but are based
upon the strong foundations above.

As usual, the Yocto Project will attend the ELC-E conference in
October, in Edimburgh, and we hope to see you there, so that you can
meet all of us!

Feel free to reach out to me, if you have any specific questions!

[1] https://www.yoctoproject.org/ecosystem/members/

cheers
nico