[OE-core] : feedback on externalsrc patch

Vignesh Rajendran (RBEI/ECF3) Vignesh.Rajendran at in.bosch.com
Tue Aug 21 03:14:00 UTC 2018

Hello Khem, Paul,

I am waiting for any feedback for the patch changes.
https://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/150819/

The approach suggested to use "DEBUG_PREFIX_MAP relative to S instead of WORKDIR" seems not possible due to the package.bbclass approach.
https://github.com/openembedded/openembedded-core/blob/f9324af88a99eca28b160fa31aa4516fd397e44b/meta/classes/package.bbclass#L449

the sources are explicitly copied from workparentdir path
cmd = processdebugsrc % (sourcefile, workbasedir, localsrc_prefix, workparentdir, dvar, debugsrcdir)

Can you please clarify if my view is correct or Do I am missing something?

Thanks in Advance.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Rajendran Vignesh
RBEI/ECF33