[OE-core] [RFC 3/3] linux-firmware: MACHINEOVERRIDES for BCM43430 NVRAM

Andre McCurdy armccurdy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 20:42:46 UTC 2018

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 1:10 PM, Ryan Harkin <ryan.harkin at linaro.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Aug 2018, 20:02 Martin Jansa, <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Your 1st parameter is wrong, compare again with the example I gave you
>> (don't include "brcm/" path in 1st param, because you want the symlink to
>> point to just brcmfmac43430-sdio.AP6212.txt like you did in the version
>> after cd).
>
> That doesn't work either. I tried it with the same result, but didn't send a
> log of it. That works for you?

Martin's example is correct so maybe check your tests again for typos.
It it still doesn't work then please do send a log.

The link will point to whatever you define via the first parameter, so
if you changed the first parameter it shouldn't be possible to get
"the same result".

  $ mkdir foo
  $ ln -sf test_target foo/test1
  $ ln -sf brcm/test_target foo/test2
  $ ls -l foo

  lrwxrwxrwx 1 andre andre 11 Aug 22 13:35 test1 -> test_target
  lrwxrwxrwx 1 andre andre 16 Aug 22 13:35 test2 -> brcm/test_target