[OE-core] Troubleshooting sstate cache

Nick Winters nick at wintersteam.org
Tue Aug 28 05:53:05 UTC 2018

Often when I use an sstate cache from another build, I run into problems
where builds fail. Usually the failure is a result of not being able to
find a shared library. If I delete the sstate cache, the build succeeds,
although it is 8 hours later. I switched to using sstate mirrors and had
similar problems.

Questions:

* Are there any tools or bitbake commands to use for troubleshooting
failures like this?

* I am creating one sstate cache per architecture being built. Should this
really be necessary?

* Any other advice to help troubleshoot sstate cache issues?

Thanks,
Nick