[OE-core] [oe-core] recipe using environment variable does not refresh / rebuild

Piotr Lewicki piotr.lewicki at elfin.de
Thu Feb 1 14:46:27 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have a problem with forcing rebuild of the recipe depending on the
environment variable.

In my recipe I have an anonymous python function that obtains the env
variable and depending on it sets some other internal variables (needed
by swupdate recipe):

python() {
     origenv = d.getVar("BB_ORIGENV", False)
     u_boot_enabled = origenv.getVar("ADD_UBOOT_TO_UPDATE", False)

     if u_boot_enabled == None:
         bb.warn("Not adding u-boot to the image")
     else:
         bb.warn("Adding u-boot to the image")
         d.appendVar("SWUPDATE_IMAGES", " u-boot.imx")
         d.setVarFlag("SWUPDATE_IMAGES_NOAPPEND_MACHINE", "u-boot.imx", "1")
}

My issue is that there is no difference when I either set or unset my
environment variable "ADD_UBOOT_TO_UPDATE".

Can you point me a solution how I could force checking this variable and
rerunning/rebuilding the recipe?

Thanks,

Piotr