[OE-core] [oe] [RFC] Rename meta-openembedded to openembedded-extras

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 15:27:15 UTC 2018

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 10:48 PM, Denys Dmytriyenko <denis at denix.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 12:37:44PM -0800, akuster808 wrote:
> > I think openembededd-core is incorrect. it should have been
> > meta-openbedded-core or meta-core.
>
> It does have a layer called just "meta" though...

In retrospect, using the word "meta" everywhere becomes useless. No layer
contains actual sources and never should, so they're all "meta" data, it's
redundant to have to say so in every layer's name (etc).

It would have been better to use that space to convey something meaningful,
such as: "whether a layer was designed to be a bsp, a distro, something
else, or a combination", or perhaps other meaningful information.