[OE-core] glibc update

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Jan 3 21:20:46 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-01-03 at 12:17 -0800, akuster808 wrote:
> I noticed all but the glibc updates where merged from Khem's
> toolchain-update branch. Is there an issue with the glibc update,
> was it just missed or pending more testing?
>
> I have some patches I need to submit but I don't want to chase a
> moving target.

I'm trying to test things in batches without too many moving pieces and
I'm deferring the most risky things.

Given the number of glibc upgrade issues we've had recently (think
uninative) I'm apprehensive about the glibc patches and we had a queue
of other patches which conflict. I therefore have deferred that
particular patch until I have others sorted out. We are missing the
corresponding uninative upgrade to match the glibc upgrade which is
another factor. It may all turn out to be an unfounded worry or it may
not.

We will get there but I'm also kind of enjoying greenish builds ;-)