[OE-core] glib-2.0 fails to configure with USE_NLS="no"

Mike Crowe mac at mcrowe.com
Mon Jan 15 17:53:21 UTC 2018

If I add USE_NLS = "no" to local.conf, then glib-2.0 fails to configure:

| checking for ngettext in libc... yes
| checking for dgettext in libc... yes
| checking for bind_textdomain_codeset... (cached) yes
| checking for msgfmt... no
| configure: error:
| *** You must have either have gettext support in your C library, or use
| the
| *** GNU gettext library.
| (http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/gettext.html)

It seems that glib-2.0 does not support --disable-nls and always requires
gettext.

I can avoid this error by adding gettext-native to glib-2.0's DEPENDS, but
I'm not sure whether this is solution would be acceptable.

Is there a better way?

Thanks.

Mike.