[OE-core] glib-2.0 fails to configure with USE_NLS="no"

Mike Crowe mac at mcrowe.com
Tue Jan 16 14:47:29 UTC 2018

On Tuesday 16 January 2018 at 14:04:14 +0000, Burton, Ross wrote:
> Another fix would be to respect USE_NLS and seed msgfmt=/bin/false
> appropriately.

 CACHED_CONFIGUREVARS = "MSGFMT=/bin/false"

appears to work, but I'm not sure whether that's what you meant.
Presumably it would need to be:

 CACHED_CONFIGUREVARS = "${@base_conditional('USE_NLS', 'no', 'MSGFMT=/bin/false', '')"

or similar.

> I'll test that later, or you can get the glory if you can
> send a tested patch.

Since I'm not really sure what the consequences of doing this are, I'm not
sure that I want the blame that comes after the glory if I get it wrong. :)

Thanks.

Mike.