[OE-core] [AUH] Upgrade status: 2018-01-16

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Wed Jan 17 14:00:13 UTC 2018

On 01/17/2018 01:53 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:

> An important aspect is to analyze the errors in the upgrade process. I
> went through all the upgrades and:
>
>   - go-dep is confusing. It failed but I essentially bumped the SRCREV
> so I don't know why it failed
>
>   - cmake has multiple errors:
>
>     - added checksums in cmake_${PV}.bb instead of cmake.inc
>     - removal of non-patch files by mistake
>     - did not handled the -native recipe

Note that the actual upgrade is performed via 'devtool upgrade'/'devtool
finish' sequence. Devtool can amend the recipes in strange ways,
particularly when the recipes are structured in a way that is not
commonly used. Most of the time, from my experience, it does the right
thing though.

You can replicate the failures and dig deeper into them if you have
time, or just take those emails as imperfect update reminders :)

Alex