[OE-core] [oe-commits] [openembedded-core] 01/06: python: Restructure python packaging and replace it with autopackaging

Alejandro Enedino Hernandez Samaniego alejandro.enedino.hernandez-samaniego at xilinx.com
Mon Jan 22 22:48:21 UTC 2018

Hey Paul,

On 01/22/2018 12:28 PM, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> Hi Alejandro,
>
> On Tuesday, 23 January 2018 8:02:07 AM NZDT Alejandro Enedino Hernandez Samaniego wrote:
>> Its backwards compatible, in the way that the usage should be the same,
>> in this case, this sort of failures are expected, since the mentioned
>> packages: enum, readline, textutils no longer exist, and they should
>> never have existed in the first place, they were always required to get
>> a minimal python working, so they are now part of python(3)-core, which
>> means the dependencies are actually met but recipes which RDEPEND on
>> them should be modified , please see
>> https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?id=7aaffbede46ce352b91c7a5c5f825a6f3b5b1c2e
>> regarding some of the RDEPEND fixes on oe-core, I expect there should be
>> several like this for meta-python.
I'd rather go with B) if thats ok, since the actual dependencies are
being met and basically deleting the dependency for which its
complaining from RDEPENDS would fix things.
> It seems to me we need to do one of two things:
>
> A) Add explicit RPROVIDES so that the core package provides these things
> for compatibility with existing recipes
>
> or
>
> B) Add something to the migration guide to explain what users need to do in
> order to fix their recipes after this change - the staging area for these is on the wiki
> (doesn't have to be fully fleshed out, just the bare details would be sufficient)
>    https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/FutureMigrationGuide
>
> Could you please take care of this?
Sure, I can do this!