[OE-core] Using IMAGE_INSTALL_remove and PNBLACKLIST

Adam Lee adam.yh.lee at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 15:19:07 UTC 2018

I am attempting to exclude a package from my system image with this in my
local.conf:

IMAGE_INSTALL_remove += "tiovx-app-host-examples"
IMAGE_INSTALL_remove += "tiovx-lib-host"
IMAGE_INSTALL_remove += "tiovx-app-host"

PNBLACKLIST[tiovx-lib-host] = "Build break"
PNBLACKLIST[tiovx-app-host] = "Build break"
PNBLACKLIST[tiovx-app-host-examples] = "Build break"

My build is still failing unfortunately:

ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'tiovx-app-host-examples' (but
/home/ylee/tisdk-20180718/tisdk/sources/meta-arago/meta-arago-distro/recipes-core/packagegroups/
packagegroup-arago-tisdk-addons.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
NOTE: Runtime target 'tiovx-app-host-examples' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['tiovx-app-host-examples']
ERROR: Required build target 'packagegroup-arago-tisdk-addons' has no
buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was:
['packagegroup-arago-tisdk-addons', 'tiovx-app-host-examples']

Is there something else I have to do to eliminate a package that is runtime
dependent? Thoughts?

Adam