[OE-core] [oe-commits] [openembedded-core] branch master-next updated: package: Rework PACKAGELOCK based upon sstate for do_packagedata

richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Jul 18 13:25:30 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-07-18 at 15:20 +0200, Martin Jansa wrote:
> I haven't seen this one on oe-core ML, so I'll ask here.

I haven't posted it yet as I was going to test it first.

> Will this fix the PACKAGELOCK appearing pseudo.log quite often (as
> discussed in https://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/144312/) or do
> you have any idea how to fix that one?

I can guess why.

PACKAGELOCK is taken by both do_package and do_packagedata. One task is
run under pseudo and offhand, I think the other is not.

So that tells us why. How to fix that? Don't know :(.

Taking a lock both under pseudo and not under pseudo doesn't seem like
a bug in itself...