[OE-core] aclocal question

Slater, Joseph joe.slater at windriver.com
Wed Jul 25 00:35:37 UTC 2018

aclocal can generate rather large command lines (194000 characters) when calling autom4te to trace macros.  I think that this breaks at a little beyond the argument length I've mentioned.  I'm not familiar with this code but I think the bulk of the items could be piped into autom4te rather than the way it is done now.  This might not solve the problem but I wondered if anyone has looked at this issue.

Specifically, we have seen failures when building libvirt for a project with a long pathname.

Joe