[OE-core] Questions about udev rule and systemd-udev,relevant to mounting block device

Hongzhi, Song hongzhi.song at windriver.com
Thu Mar 1 10:35:16 UTC 2018

Defect:

     The exiting method of automount of udev in /oe-core/meta/ /is using

/automount.rules/ which call /mount.sh/ that using //bin/mount/ to mount
device.

But systemd-udevd detaches /mount()/ operations done within the service

from the rest of the system with MountFlag=slave, this means host can

not access device. (e.g. Executing /mkfs.ext4 /dev/sda1// prompts

//dev/sda1 is apparently in use by the system; will not make a
filesystem here!/)

Solution:

     Systemd upstream suggest that the best way is to use "systemd-mount"

in udev rules, which will request the mount operation to be executed by
PID 1.

And I have tested it was effective.

Uncertain:

     The exiting method is designed for /SysV-init /which is not
compatible to

systemd-udev, at least that's what I think. So I think that we should design

a new rule or organizational structure to be suitable for systemd-udev and

to mount deferent device. Dose anyone help do this? Or I can make some

improvements on the basis of the existing with "systemd-mount".