[OE-core] Need arm64/qemu help

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Sat Mar 3 09:00:50 UTC 2018

Hi,

I need some help with a problem we keep seeing:

https://autobuilder.yocto.io/builders/nightly-arm64/builds/798

Basically, now and again, for reasons we don't understand, all the
sanity tests fail for qemuarm64.

I've poked at this a bit and if I go in onto the failed machine and run
this again, they work, using the same image, kernel and qemu binaries.
We've seen this on two different autobuilder infrastructure on varying
host OSs. They always seem to fail all three at once.

Whilst this was a mut build, I saw this repeat three builds in a row on
the new autobuilder we're setting up with master.

The kernels always seem to hang somewhere around the:

| [    0.766079] raid6: int64x1  xor()   302 MB/s
| [    0.844597] raid6: int64x2  gen()   675 MB/s

raid timing measurements.

In the past we've dived in and handled these kinds of things but I've
run out of people to lean on and I need help from the wider community.

Can anyone help look into and fix this?

This is serious as if nobody cares, I'll have to simply stop boot
testing qemuarm64.

Not sure if there is an open bug yet either :/.