[OE-core] Need arm64/qemu help

Ian Arkver ian.arkver.dev at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 22:10:17 UTC 2018

On 03/03/18 18:21, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Sat, 2018-03-03 at 09:00 +0000, Richard Purdie wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need some help with a problem we keep seeing:
>>
>> https://autobuilder.yocto.io/builders/nightly-arm64/builds/798
>>
>> Basically, now and again, for reasons we don't understand, all the
>> sanity tests fail for qemuarm64.
>
> Another failure:
>
> https://autobuilder.yocto.io/builders/nightly-arm64/builds/801/steps/Running%20Sanity%20Tests/logs/stdio
>
> In this case one testimage failed, the others passed...

Interesting, re your comments on host load affecting all runs.

I was going to ask about repeatability over qemu/kernel builds, but here
we have 3 instances of the same qemu and kernel binaries only one of
which fails.

I've done some limited testing, but haven't been able to reproduce this
on my single build machine. Every aarch64 boot works ok for me, and the
ping test completes. I only tried core-image-minimal. I tried
cleansstate'ing the kernel and/or qemu-native and remaking, but no
change. Poky commit I tried was
master:bd5424f5b05a0a65471a77632efe7b9907370217

Regards,
Ian