[OE-core] [yocto] Yocto Project Status WW12’18

Tim Orling timothy.t.orling at linux.intel.com
Tue Mar 20 21:08:15 UTC 2018

>>> Just a bit longer than a day, maybe 30 hours, if it needs to update
>>> the
>>> typical amount of 100-150 packages. I'll shift it to monthly then.
>> Personally I'm leaning to every couple of weeks...
>
> My worry is that shorter AUH periods will lead to reminder fatigue. Also the period between submitting the updates, and having them show up in master is sometimes less than ideal, even when the freeze is not in effect.

I agree with both of you. I guess that makes me a transistor that can’t decide which path to choose :)

For meta-perl and meta-python, I am striving to run once a week, but that isn’t intended to send email out to any maintainers, it is just for my own accounting. It gets very messy with in-flight patches, which I hope to fix by using git-pw to not include packages that already have an upgrade in review. It is also optimistic for me to personally fix the 20+ packages that need updates at any given moment. This is why I need run time testing to give me better confidence in auto-upgraded recipes. Working on it :)