[OE-core] Openembedded-core Digest, Vol 86, Issue 203

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Wed Mar 21 11:42:09 UTC 2018

On 03/21/2018 10:02 AM, Yeoh, Ee Peng wrote:
> In order to convert this to runtime/testimage, we will need to perform below
> 1) Modify existing crosstap script to inverse the dependency on bitbake -e, provide environment variables required as argument
> 2)  Add additional step outside of testimage to bitbake the systemtap-native
>
> I would like to propose that we keep this crosstap testcase as oe-selftest instead of runtime/testimage as the extra efforts required and the additional step required to build systemtap-native on the host machine.
>
> Please let me know your input and suggestion.

Right, there are pros and cons to both options. I think
testimage.bbclass has a mechanism for adding dependencies inside the
class, so you don't need an additional step. You can add there something
like:

TESTIMAGEDEPENDS += "${@bb.utils.contains('TEST_SUITES', 'crosstap',
'systemtap-native:do_populate_sysroot', '', d)}"

On the other hand, providing right bitbake variables to crosstap script
may not be possible from command line in the context of testimage.bbclass.

Let me comment on the original patch again.

By the way, it's probably better for you to subscribe to this list as
individual mails. Digests make it very hard for you to participate in
discussions, and break the mail threads (e.g. I could have missed this
email, and no one else can easily see what is it about from the subject).

Alex