[OE-core] pseudo: host user contamination

Seebs seebs at seebs.net
Fri Mar 23 16:49:39 UTC 2018

On Fri, 23 Mar 2018 16:30:55 +0000
"Burton, Ross" <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:

> Because in GNU's infinite wisdom they're using renameat2() to do
> atomic renames in the mv command, and as renameat2 isn't in the
> headers for F27 it just does a syscall directly. This is in upstream
> coreutils so once they make a release, everyone gets it.

UGH.

I... am really unsure whether it's possible to catch that, because
I really, really, don't want to try to intercept raw syscall() calls.
I don't think that ends well.

I wonder if they can be persuaded to, you know, NOT use a syscall
directly when it's not in the system headers, on the grounds that the
system headers define the exported interface, and bypassing them is
almost certainly a very bad idea.

-s