[OE-core] pseudo: host user contamination

Seebs seebs at seebs.net
Tue Mar 27 15:55:39 UTC 2018

On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 16:42:03 +0200
Enrico Scholz <enrico.scholz at sigma-chemnitz.de> wrote:

> will work to wrap syscall(2).  Params for _renameat2_syscall() can be
> extracted by va_args.

Does anyone have access to an actual 64-bit EABI ARM system to verify
the argument passing for renameat2 there?

> Code generated above is very ineffective; perhaps you can create
> specialized assembly instructions which just jump into orig_syscall.

I do not think I want to start adding assembly to pseudo, because I do
not feel like learning assembly for all the architectures we currently
run on. (Pseudo is, I believe, known to work across x86, PPC, MIPS, and
ARM, in both 32-bit and 64-bit variants, also weird stuff like the x32
variant of x86.)

-s