[OE-core] "devtool modify"-ing kernel recipes with .scc files

chris.laplante at agilent.com chris.laplante at agilent.com
Wed Mar 28 12:49:49 UTC 2018

Hello all,

I have noticed that the "get_recipe_local_files" function of meta/lib/oe/recipeutils.py doesn't have any kind of logic to handle .scc files. This means when you try to 'devtool modify' a kernel recipe that uses them, compilation can fail, for instance if the .scc file includes some config fragments.

Would the OE project be interested in a patch to fix this? I am considering two possible ways to resolve it:

  1.  get_recipe_local_files could handle .scc files directly, perhaps by using something in classes/kernel-yocto.bbclass.
  2.  Add a variable like DEVTOOL_EXTRA_LOCAL_FILES that represents extra files for get_recipe_local_files to include.

I'd be happy to implement either (or both) of these and send in a patch. Or maybe someone has a different solution I could look at.

Thanks,
Chris