[OE-core] pseudo: host user contamination

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at sigma-chemnitz.de
Thu Mar 29 12:04:00 UTC 2018

Seebs <seebs-59Mtl4G6ZbFeoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org> writes:

> There are weird calling conventions out there. For instance, "pass
> floating point values in registers, but integers on stack", or "pass
> first N arguments in registers", and so on. I don't know if any of
> them are active in stuff Linux supports, but I'm aware that this is an
> area where you can get really strange behaviors.

__builtin_apply() should deal with it.  If you are really paranoid, assume
a huge stack size (e.g. 1024).  But accordingly syscall(2) man-page, there
are to be expected not more than 7 arguments for syscalls.  So, define the
size for known architectures and a fallback of '7 * sizeof(uintmax_t)' or
so.

Enrico